Recreational Soccer Overview
The Recreation Program is available for players from TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and currently has over 600 participants.
Our Rec program is run by parent volunteers so that our players in the Rec program have the opportunity to develop their game in the fun environment created by volunteer coaches.
Age group classifications for Rec soccer are done by grade level. Our U6 and U8 programs are run in-house. Starting in 3rd grade (U9), Piedmont SC Rec teams participate in Jack London Youth Soccer League, which combines several over Soccer Clubs in the area.
- TK & Kindergarten = U6 (internal club play)
- 1st & 2nd Grade = U8 (internal club play)
- 3rd Grade = U9 (JLYSL Grade Level Play)
- 4th Grade = U10 (JLYSL Grade Level Play)
- 5th & 6th Grade = U12 (JLYSL Grade Level Play)
- 7th & 8th Grade = U14 (JLYSL Grade Level Play)
- 9th-12th Grade = U19 (JLYSL High School Division)
Practices and games take place in the Fall season, with an option to continue with a shorter games-only season in Spring. Please see age group specific information for more details.
PSC offers many coach education opportunities and resources for those volunteering as a head coach of one of our rec teams. For information on these, please go to our Coach Education Resources Page.
The coach licensing system has changed a bit.
The F License no longer exists and has been replaced by the new Grassroot Modules. The E and F Licenses are still valid to those who have them, but PSC is now asking our parent coaches that haven’t done an E or F License to take BOTH of the following:
Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Course
- This is free and takes about 30 mins to complete.
In Person AND/OR Online Grassroots Module
- for the Age Group being coached (i.e. U10 Coach to take 7v7 Course).
- Online courses are $25 to take (can be reimbursed by club on completion of course)
- In person courses can be found here:
Our Director of Coaching, Dan Chubbock, is licensed to teach the Grassroots Modules. Please send me a note if you would like to attend a PSC hosted Grassroots course and we will follow up with a proposed day and time.
Coaches are also required to attend the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) class, details of which can be found here:
Parents are also strongly encouraged to attend. The PCA instructs coaches and parents on how to effectively teach children in a positive and supportive environment.